Auriga’s Customer, an ISV company that develops and delivers innovative mobile multimedia and advertising solutions to mobile operators and content providers, entered the market of mobile advertising with a multi-channel media-rich advertisement solution for the delivery of optimized, high-quality, multimedia advertisements over different delivery channels.
The initial project scope outlined for Auriga developers only included the debugging of the application and its optimization. Soon, however, it became clear that optimization of the solution would be efficient only after significant code re-writing and porting to another platform. The Auriga team approached the client with a technical proposal outlining the required architectural changes and ideas for expanding the product functionality and received the go-ahead to follow the suggested course of action. The scope of work included the following:
- CMS development for traditional and viral advertising for mobile phones with an enriched web-interface and a sophisticated API
- Front-end web application development that provides a full-scale environment for editing complex objects from the repository
- Back-end server application development that provides an API for the repository, achieving the highest possible performance
- Database design of a large repository of variable-hierarchy object structures focusing on performance
After fixing all detected defects and refactoring the existing functionality, the project was ported to a new platform (GWT – Google Web Toolkit). Moreover, the Auriga development team proposed and implemented the new application design, enriched by new functionality, such as the following:
- batch load wizard
- slide-management tool
- automatic format conversion for image preview
- batch images download/upload as a zip archive
- upload management system implementing AJAX technologies
The Auriga team worked hand-in-hand with the customer’s product team and managed to adhere to the tightest deadlines and budget. Agile development practices (e.g., Daily SCRUM (Stand up Meeting), Test-Driven Design, etc.) allowed the team to adapt to changing requirements during the project and largely contributed to the successful realization of this project. The project management, level of communication, and team performance were assessed by the client as “exceeding expectations.”
You can download full version case-study via link.