For Auriga’s Client, a worldwide leader in medical device manufacturing, Auriga has been developing a low-cost patient monitoring solution to be used in a variety of clinical settings, without compromising on quality or performance.
As a part of the project, Auriga’s engineers had to develop an intuitive, easy-to-read graphical user interface that meets the current requirements in the healthcare industry.
The user interface has the following features:
- Touch screen functionality
- Dynamic change of color schemes
- Custom font integration
- Graphic representation of patient data (waveforms) from sensors in real-time, displaying the following parameters: ECG, RESP, NIBP, 2x YSI TEMP, SpO2, ST, SCIO
- Screens support up to eight waveforms
- Several display modes: large font, full ECG, night
- Data simulation mode
- Patient settings support
- Real-time printing, XE50 recorder support
- Localization support
Within the frame of the project, Auriga’s team had to port the user interface kernel from ThreadX to Linux; additionally, proprietary algorithms (without source code) were also integrated.
Tools and Technologies: Embedded Linux, Qt 4.8.x, Framebuffer, C/C++, TI DSS