Auriga completed development of an e-tendering platform based on Microsoft SharePoint 2010. The project lasted two months and received positive feedback from the customer who has already held a number of training sessions for its employees on how to use the program.
The decision to use SharePoint for the development of this solution was primarily dictated by the following requirements: good scalability of the solution; speedy and high-quality development; and flexibility of business logic workflows, notifications, e-mail templates, forms, etc.
The customer tasked Auriga with the following:
- The solution should provide options for registration and storage of tenders’ results, tender documentation, received business proposals, execution periods of administrative procedures
- The following processes within the frames of the tender process should be automated:
- Sending and receiving of the contractors’ tender proposals
- Email notifications for the tender process participants regarding the tender status change
- Real-time tender process monitoring by the initiator, including email (if required, SMS) notifications of new proposals, status changes
Based on Auriga’s expertise and best practices, our engineers developed SharePoint Component Framework, a set of components that allows reliable solutions to be implemented on this platform within the shortest possible period of time.
Auriga’s e-Tendering Platform is different from numerous similar products, because it allows tender proposals to be collected and processed automatically via email. The key feature of the solution is the use (customization) of the key indicators form in the email template with fields for proposed tender sum and time to completion. The form is filled in in response to the initial email. Completed forms are emailed to the tender initiator and are automatically registered and processed.
To achieve the same result (automatic processing of the bidders’ proposals) using a different approach would require the implementation of a client area that is more complicated, takes more time, and is more expensive for the customer.
All tasks set by the customer have been successfully implemented. Once again, Auriga’s engineers confirmed a high level of Microsoft SharePoint expertise and added a new, interesting project to the impressive portfolio of projects developed by Auriga on this platform.