Solutions: Offshore Development Center (ODC)
An Offshore Development Center is one of the Dedicated Center options. Like other options of this model it is a hybrid model combining the best features of the Resource Augmentation and Project Outsourcing models—deep integration and high flexibility on the one hand, and providing more than just technical expertise on the other. Compared to the Remote Engineering Center, it provides more control over the internal center operation at the cost of increased management overhead on the customer side and less responsibilities on the service provider side. In the range of engagement models it resides between REC and theResource Augmentation model. The detailed comparison is provided at the Models’ Features Comparison page.
When running an ODC, Auriga provides the following services:
- Engineering and Project Management: Project Management, Requirements Detailing and Analysis, Design, Development, Integration, Software Verification and Validation, User Documentation, Change Management, Measurements and Analysis, Configuration Management.
- Engagement Management: Monitoring, Measuring, Reporting, Issue Resolution, Service Level Agreements.
- Human Resources Management: Recruiting, Motivation and Retention, Daily Administration, Compliance and Legal Management.
- Technology and Infrastructure Management: Office Infrastructure Support, Physical Security, Office-related Administrative Support, IT Infrastructure Support, IT Security, Tracking of External Service-provider Support Agreements, Purchasing Support
- Legal and Financial Management: Finance, Accounting, Payroll, Contracts Management;
- Administrative and Support Services: A number of general administrative and support services such as secretarial and document-processing support, travel planning and management, etc.
LynuxWorks (since 1996) and Pigeon Point Systems (since 1997) are the examples of ODCs functioning as independent engineering units within Auriga.