For one of Auriga’s Customers, a manufacturer of highly customizable, innovative hardware mobile platforms for corporate and individual use, Auriga provided support for a new family of tablet devices. The project, implemented using SCRUM methodology, included system-level and application development for a set of hardware platforms (Android, Windows CE) based on new-generation ARM microprocessors with a multitude of periphery devices (Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GSM/CDMA, GPRS, 4-40” displays) intended for use in public city transport.
Features of the developed product:
- Fitting screen resolution, synchronization on several monitors
- Video capture application
− 2 cameras control, preview, thumbnail of the last captured image, the last captured image deletion
- Modems control application
−Switching between GSM/CDMA modems, parameters storing, establishing connection, network connection control, reconnection after failure, bandwidth management, download control
- Manage USB port modes
−current status of the USB port display, communication with the USB driver, application is loaded from the system tray (notification area)
- Drivers development: touch screen, SDIO, MMC, WiFi, USB OTG, USB host, cameras, power management, spot lighting, GSM/CDMA modems, etc.
- Object positioning (GPS)
- WiFi, ZigBee, WiMax, GSM, CDMA, Bluetooth protocols support
- Remote settings upload
- Automated process of firmware self-upgrade
- Terminal setting control using web-interface
- Customized reporting system development
- Channel encryption support and content integrity check
Tools and technologies: Windows CE 6.0, Microsoft eMbedded Visual Tools, ADOCE, WebService, IIS.