Our customer, a US-based energy saving company, tasked Auriga to develop a web-based, mobile-optimized multi-tier application for in-home energy audits to replace the existing desktop application.
The main goal of the project was to create an entirely new product—the application that includes an Oracle-based database and .NET business-tier (.NET MVC API) front-end components (web-based hybrid mobile application) that allow the app to be executed on multiple tablets and smartphones. This cross-platform mobile application is optimized for a 5” or larger screen.
The project addressed the following architectural challenges:
- Easy-to-modify backend functions (separate modules for separate business activities)
- Each module is isolated and reusable
- Easy-to-modify database structure
- Adding only required business processes
- Support of easy business process modification (connect/remove separate modules)
The project has the following main features:
- Use of Kentico CMS as a web-development platform for the Audit Configuration Tool
- Use of DevArt provider for Oracle database
- Support of the audit process business flow, which includes:
- Login authentication
- Selecting appointments from the list of scheduled appointments (daily schedule, including times, addresses, and contact information)
- Data collection
- Providing information about and tools for measures and incentives
- Creating reports
- Obtaining signatures
- Online/Offline modes of operation
- Integration with existing utility costs list
The Auriga team also conducted a business analysis and provided feedback and architectural vision for each part of the whole business process related to the new product.